October 9, 2009

Seoul, Korea - Part 2


In my second post about the trip to Seoul, Korea - I want to tell you about my keynote address.

Friday night, I delivered the closing keynote speech at the Korea Games Conference 2009. Here's how the talk was billed to the Korean game developers:


The theater that the event was held in, was actually pretty big. Here's a shot before people began filling the room:


My talk was titled "Hyper-Realism and Computer Graphics". Sounds rather lofty - it was simply a catchy title to cover some of the latest advances in graphics for videogames:


The stage was huge - I couldn't use all of it, because the remote control I utilized for advancing the slides prevented me from getting too far away from the computer. I was, however, able to show some engaging graphics demos. In terms of graphics, the North Americans and Europeans are a little further ahead of the Asians. This talk was an attempt to let the Korean developers know about the latest technology that is being used in game development. The bottom-line is that if the game developers use the latest technology, then consumers are more willing to buy my company's video cards for their PCs. Make sense? Well that's what I tried to do:


What a cute demo, huh?

My big mug on the jumbotron...

I'm obviously pointing to something important...


Following my keynote address, the conference organizers asked me to hand out some awards for best game of the year:


I tried my best to pronounce the names - and hopefully those people will forgive me at some point.

The talk went really well, and I hope to return next year to address the audience again.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Dang cool! I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I want to be you when I grow up!

Yvonne said...

Fun--loved seeing all of this.

Grandpa Toad said...

You are spending all this time in Korea and so I think it is high time you made a better effort to make kim chee a favorite. Just think how impressed your audience would be to know you dined on a big bowl before coming on stage. Would that sell cards or what? Good job!!