September 23, 2010

Sunnyvale, California

This week, I'm in Sunnyvale, California.  I'm here at one of my company's larger offices.  We're holding meetings all week long, to brief some of our software partners on upcoming products.


These partners are the companies that create multimedia software that you might use on your PC.  The meetings are going really, really well.  Lots of collaboration and sharing of technical information.  Some of the representatives from our partners are traveling great distances to be here for the meetings.  Many come from China and Japan to hear about the new technology.

Each day, we host a different partner.  At the end of the day, we take everyone to dinner.  One evening, we went to a restaurant in San Jose called the Left Bank:


Sorry - it's a little fuzzy from my cel phone

It was a great french restaurant, located in a new area of San Jose called Santana Row.  The best way to describe it, is a little "downtown" area with restaurants, boutiques and higher-end stores.  I haven't lived in the SF Bay Area in quite a few years - and this was a brand-new part of town that I'd never visited before. I'm definitely going to have to go back...

I was lucky enough to have some time before the meetings started, to see my daughter.  In fact, I was very lucky to have seen all of my kids within a three-day span of time!  It was my daughter's birthday, so I was able to deliver her presents in person:


She's moving to Zurich, with her husband, for a year.  While learning German, she's also working on improving her cooking skill - and we're giving her plenty of recipes to practice with.  I wish we were going to live near her, to see how they turn out!

It was great to spend time with her and her husband.  He works for a technology company, so we always have plenty of things to talk about ; )  I'm very proud of them both (as I am with all my kids).

I'm done with my meetings after today - and I'm leaving on a 6am flight tomorrow.  Next stop - Utah!

1 comment:

Abaker said...

This is a terrible picture of me..