
To end this week, I had the chance to travel to Boston, Massachusetts. This was a combination of work and fun. Actually, that might describe most of my trips ; ) To kick things off, I made my way back to my old office in Boxborough. I still have a few employees at this location. This is where we established a large testing lab, to make sure that software and games work really well on the computer chips that my company makes. It's a really cool lab - stuffed full of computer equipment:
As you can tell, the room is jammed full of equipment. My employees are asking me to knock down yet another wall, and expand ; ) When I worked at this location, I used to take groups on tours through this lab, especially Boy Scouts and Boys & Girls Clubs - because they could see all the games that we test...well before they are released ; )
One of the few drawbacks to this location, is that there is NOTHING close-by. No restaurants, no stores...just a bunch of houses. The only thing that is close, is the most amazing produce market in all of Massachusetts. It's called Idylwilde Farms, and I used to LOVE going there, just to check out what was in season. Here's what they had this week:
Golden Beets - next to traditional beets.
Gigantic blackberries
I just loved these ornamental peppers...the colors are fantastic.
After a hard day at work, I was lucky enough to spend time with old friends from our days in the Boston area. Our friends, the Balmforths, were kind enough to host a little party in my honor:
The group assembled for a quick picture, before everything go out of control. After this friendly snapshot, the whole thing devolved into a competitive game of "Do You Love Your Neighbor". If you don't know what that game is...you need to find out. This time, no furniture was broken:
These people are pretty awesome, in my book. As an example, the invitation to this party also included a request to bring Apple Crisp. One of my favorite desserts...they were delicious!
Truly the sign of great friends....
I consider myself pretty lucky to know this people. Even though we've moved far away, we're able to instantly pick-up with these folks, the minute we reunite. I love them dearly and am so glad we spent the years in the Northborough Ward, getting to know all of them.
That's it for the first post. Next up...traditional apple-picking in New England!



2 comments:
Clearly, there is no long hair policy in the computer room. Yikes!
So jealous. Not of the computers...
Post a Comment