This is my second post about San Francisco, and my third about my long business trip to California. You can see my previous post here.At this point in the trip, I had been in California for a week-and-a-half. I was really missing my family. Fortunately, my wife and I decided to have everyone fly out to the Bay Area for the weekend, before she moved on to perform in Idaho Falls for Deseret Book's Time Out For Women.
I picked them up at the airport and brought them to the city. G-Man really enjoyed staying at the hotel, particularly when he's treated to breakfast room service:
Life is good....
After finished at the Game Developers Conference, we took the kids to play at Yerba Buena Gardens. They have an awesome kids playground smack in the middle of this major metropolitan city:
Now THAT'S the way to make an entrance...
This girl likes to run free...sometimes I have to guide her away from the water fountains ; )
She actually loved it....
The next day, my oldest daughter joined us on a tour of some great SF spots. We started at Chrissy Field, located just next to the Golden Gate Bridge:
G-Man is really into "wishing flowers". Basically, these are Dandelion weeds...but we don't tell them this. He talks quietly to the "flower", before making a wish and blowing the "seeds" away...
This was L's first time at the beach. She kept looking at her feet, trying to figure out why they sank in the sand ; )


We then proceeded to drive to the Presidio. This is a really pretty part of SF, near the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a huge military base, up until a few years ago. Now, there are several business there, along with apartments and park areas. It houses Lucasfilm's headquarters. We went straight for the Walt Disney Family Museum:
Housed in one of the old military buildings, this museum is dedicated to the life of Walt Disney. I found it a fascinating museum...really well done.
Every display was beautifully done. this was a glass hallway with television monitors embedded on the right side, showing various Disney Nature programs. On the left, you had a gorgeous view of the Golden Gate:
By far, my favorite room was the tribute to Disneyland. They had the original model that was used to show the planned layout for the amusement park. The room was breath-taking as you entered a spiral walkway down to the model:
It really made me anxious to visit Disneyland or Disneyworld really soon ; )
That evening, I took the family back down the Peninsula to Redwood City. This is where my oldest daughter and her husband are buying a condo/townhouse (see post here). I worked in this area for many years and took them for dinner at one of the best pizza places I know - Amici's Pizza:
Needless to say, we enjoyed ourselves...and now my daughter has a new hang-out near her new home!
That's it for now - next up are more family adventures in California...
















1 comment:
Looks like so fun. Love, love all the pictures.
Post a Comment