
Today, I'm in yet another country - my third European nation in three days. In fact, I was in all three just yesterday ; ) Today, however, is all about Frankfurt, Germany.
I'm in Europe for this entire week to visit with the top videogame developers in the region. Today's visit is with a company called Crytek. They work on a game franchise called Cryisis. Again, ask any young man who plays games...he'll tell you who these guys are ; )
The offices here are nice. This developer has been very successful, and you can see it. In addition to endlessly flowing coffee, espresso and soft drinks, the rooms are large and well-lit. This is a big change from a lot of developers that work in dungeon-like surroundings ; )
Today, we didn't have any free time, so I don't have too many "amazing" pictures of Frankfurt : ( In addition, there is a planned "Occupy Frankfurt" action planned for today and tomorrow. The city center is basically on lock-down while protests go on. Rumors persist that there will be violence associated with the protest, so we don't plan on going anywhere near it.
However, I did pass this fun little scene, on the way back from the game developer:
It's like they built a fairy-tale castle right in the middle of the city, and surrounded it with modern buildings. Juxtaposition? Why, yes it is.
The hotel is a bit better than Stockholm's. However, it's a bit older than most hotels. You still need a very traditional key to open the door. This key is something you won't forget in your pocket, as it weighs as much as a boat anchor:
How can you NOT like a hotel that gives out gummy bears?!?!? ; )
I think that's it for now. I'm headed out to dinner with clients and then it's up early for another flight...to another country. This time, we're off to merry old England. More later....thanks for reading!




No comments:
Post a Comment