This is the third post from our family reunion in Orlando, Florida. You can see the previous post here:
Our third day at the amusement parks was spent at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Of all the amazing Disney parks, this one is my least favorite. In the last two times that I've been here, we usually leave early and head to one of the other parks ; ) I will say, however, that they continue to improve Animal Kingdom, so that there are more reasons to stay all day.
One of the reasons that this trip was so outstanding, was that G-Man and L were able to spend so much time with their cousins. These relationships will sustain these kids, for years to come. I love all of my nieces and nephews - and love watching them bond with each other. They each have their own personalities and talents...it will be fun to watch them all grow up.
Inside the park, we met a few more of the Disney characters. This time, it was Doug and Russell from the movie Up:
My sister-in-law, and her family
The highlight of Animal Kingdom is the Kilimanjaro Safari Expedition - it's a ride that takes you through an animal preserve. The ride, overall, is a little hit-and-miss. It all depends on what animals you can actually see from the vehicle that you ride in. This time was the absolute BEST experience that I've ever had. We saw a TON of animals. I was so happy for the kids.
The thrill of the entire ride was a rhino that was standing in the middle of the road. It slowly moved to the side, and we drove by. The kids were only 4 feet from that rhino ; )
As usual, we ran everyone pretty hard - the little ones thankfully fell asleep in the strollers:
This is where grandparents really play a key role. When kids were asleep, they volunteered to watch over the children while everyone else ran to different attractions. Thank goodness for patient grandparents! ; )
We took the older cousins to see It's Tough To Be A Bug - a 3D film with characters from Bug's Life:
Another show not to miss, is the Finding Nemo Musical. Really well done and the kids loved it. I imagine we'll probably end up seeing that one on Broadway some day ; )
New to me was the Dinosaur ride - exactly like the Indiana Jones attraction at Disneyland. I wish I could take my sister on this ride, because she laughs and screams at the same time ; ) I once again had fun with the cameras that take your picture on the ride:
That's it for the Animal Kingdom. Like I said - it has a way to go, to match the other DisneyWorld parks, but we sure had fun. Next stop - Universal Studios!


1 comment:
You're pose is great, but MMPS's face leaves me without words to describe my happiness! :)
Post a Comment