A few weeks ago, I made yet another trip to the San Francisco Bay Area. However, this one was entirely for fun - no business meetings at all. I was in town to attend my 30th high school reunion.
I arrived on a Friday and decided to go to a special place for lunch. I've mentioned this place before, but I never get tired of going there. It's Casper's Hot Dogs in Hayward, California:
That evening, I spent time with my daughter and her husband. We always have a good time together, and it's a special part of my visits to California these days.
The next morning, we went to the Oakland LDS Temple. It's such a beautiful structure and the grounds were gorgeous:
As part of the big "nostalgia" weekend, I took the kids to Fenton's Ice Creamery. This is a well-known restaurant in the Oakland hills. My family has had incredible ice cream here for decades. At the end of the Pixar movie Up, the characters actually go to Fenton's:
After a delicious lunch, we got down to business. I ordered a banana split for all of us to share. It was awesome!
That afternoon, we decided to take a walk around the Stanford University campus. We wanted to get a closer look at the graduate business school, as that's something my son-in-law is considering. The campus was really pretty:
We stopped in the Stanford Bookstore, where the kids were looking for "fun" books to read. I wish I had the time to read so many of these books, as I love to learn about new subjects. Some day, I would love to take more university courses for fun...just to learn about something besides technology ; )
That evening was the big reunion. I haven't attended any of the reunions for about twenty years. The one person that I care most about from high school is my best friend - and we talk frequently. However, there was a group of folks that we really had fun with and it was great to catch-up with everyone:
My friend brought his wife - a real trooper - who sat through all the stories and did a great job of pretending to listen ; )
We managed to get all of our favorite people at one table...making the dinner conversation so much more fun ; )
It turned out to be much more fun than I had anticipated. We had some great people as friends in high school, and it was fun to talk about our kids and where life has taken each of us.

















No comments:
Post a Comment