March 14, 2017

Lewisville, Texas


Dear Friends:

This last weekend, we spent time in Lewisville, Texas - part of the greater Dallas area.  We were there to help celebrate the first birthday of my granddaughter K.


She's an absolutely adorable little girl, who is so fun to be around.  We were able to spend time with my oldest son, his wife and my grandson - as well ; )  My son and his wife are great parents - they work hard to take care of those kids.  Here are a couple of pictures from right before the party started...everyone just looked amazing:



My youngest kids love to hang out with this family.  They had no problem jumping right into the middle of things and coming up with some crazy games to play, while the adults prepared for the party.


K was subjected to a large amount of photography...but she handled it well.  She looked adorable, and had a lot of fun.  She was probably wondering why so many people were in her way ; )




It came time for the "cake" - in this case, it was going to be a birthday cupcake:



Grandpa finally had his chance to take a picture with the little princess.  I love that little face - she was a real trooper for the entire day:


That evening, we decided to have K open the presents that we brought.  Of course, she had a LOT of help from her brother, uncle and aunt ; )



My youngest daughter wanted to get her a tea set.  After opening the present, L wanted to show her niece exactly how the tea set worked:


I think she got the concept ; )


We've really been fortunate over the last few month, to spend time with my son and his family.  I've been able to see my grandkids on a frequent basis, which is such a blessing.  I know that I'm lucky...it's not lost on me.  I'm grateful we have chances like this to see each other, and celebrate the fun moments in life!

No comments: