April 26, 2010

Washington, D.C.


This weekend, I took a short trip to Washington, D.C. To be more specific, I was lucky enough to visit my brother-in-law's place in Vienna, Virginia - just outside D.C.

We had a great, but short, time there. It's always so fun to see my brother-in-law and his wife. They have two little boys and a 7 month-old girl. They are all adorable. The best part is that G-Man loves to play with his cousins.

The Utah and BYU shirts help balance the universe...as it should be.

My nephews happen to really be into Star Wars right now. We held a Jedi Training Academy while I was there. I even showed them several snapshots of my Star Wars toys. Uncle Neal has credibility in this area ; )

While there, we took the opportunity to see the new Disney Nature movie, called "Oceans". Like "Earth" from last year, this is a fantastic nature movie, in the old Disney tradition.


They've taken footage from the "Planet Earth" television series and added newer material that is awe-inspiring. Trust me - this isn't just a kid's movie. Worth the price of a ticket, to be sure.

We had dinner at a place called the Sweet Water Tavern. Apparently, there are several of these around the D.C. area.


Great food, great service (especially on such a busy night) and a family-friendly staff made it a place we'll return to as often as we can. Make sure you ask for more of the "rolls" - they come with the break basket. Yummm....


I love hanging out with my nephews. Here's a quick snapshot of them with G-Man and I.


They love to have fun - and have very active imaginations. Their mother maintains a blog that is just a riot to look at. No shortage of great shots (here is just a sample):

What every great superhero is wearing, these days...

I'm sorry that we will be moving away from the East Coast, as we've spent several Thanksgivings with this family. We won't STOP having great times with them, it will just require a bit more work ; )

3 comments:

Aaron H. said...

Are you offended if I tell you that this post was much more interesting than the usual geography detailings? You've got some crazy looking nephews!

Yvonne said...

So glad you guys had a great time.

Emily said...

We had so much fun with you all!! Thanks so much for coming, we miss you already!!