June 16, 2011

Seattle, WA - Part 3



Note:  You can see Part 1 of the posts on Seattle here, and part 2 here.


I will close these posts on my trip to Seattle, Washington with a short blog post.  Tomorrow is the last day of the AMD Fusion Developer Summit.  Tonight I had the unique opportunity to spend the last evening with many of our press reporters.  It was a mix of U.S. and international media.  We decided to treat them to a Seattle Mariner's baseball game.  I was looking forward to the game, but found out that I had even more reason to be excited.  We were treated to box seats at Safeco Field:



The Seattle Mariners played the Los Angeles Angels...and won the game in the 7th inning.  We had to explain a lot of the game to the European press.  The Japanese reporters were VERY familiar with the Mariners.  It was an amazing evening, as the weather was outstanding - especially for Seattle.  Being this far north, it stayed light until past 9pm.  The full moon (due to the lunar eclipse) was a gorgeous end to the evening.

I leave you with a couple of images of my favorite restaurant in the Bellevue/Redmond area.  It's called Wild Ginger:


My daughter and I discovered this restaurant two years ago, when she was finishing her graduate work at the University of Washington.  The food here is simply amazing.  For an appetizer, I decided to order some pot stickers:


What this picture can't tell you, is that each of these pot stickers were HUGE.  About twice the size of a regular pot sticker...and delicious to boot.  I wish I had time to go back here for another meal ; )

That's it from Seattle - I head back home for a couple of days, before heading out on yet another trip.  More posts to follow next week ; )

2 comments:

Abaker said...

Yay it was sunny in Seattle! I miss it.

Yvonne said...

How fun to be able to go to a Mariners game. How many ballparks have you been to?