This week, I'm in San Francisco, California. I'm here for work, but mixed in just a little play to make things interesting.
The first event I worked at was really kind of fun. My company is an official technology partner of the San Francisco Giants baseball team. We decided to hold a promotional event before a home game. This particular game was important, as it was a battle against the Giant's main rivals - the Los Angeles Dodgers. We created a special area next to the AT&T Park, where the Giants play.
The ballpark is located right next to the water, which looked beautiful on a sunny day in SF:
The purpose of the event was to showcase the latest and greatest PC technology for fans that were coming to the game. We also created some special prizes for the Giants fans:
A special custom-built Giants PC
Once everything was finished, it was time for the game to start. We, however, had to pack-up all the equipment that we used. It took us several innings to wrap everything up.
Once clean-up was finished, we were lucky enough go see the game. It was the big pay-off for working all day. I hadn't been inside AT&T Park in years - but I do remember that the food was really good. I'm happy to report that it didn't disappoint. I started with their famous Garlic Fries:
Then, I moved on to the famous Crazy Crab'z Sandwich. I had heard a lot about this...and it was delicious:
San Francisco really knows how to do sourdough bread...
It was a great game - because the Giants won ; ) The view of the San Francisco Bay was gorgeous. The weather was amazing...a decent day, by any standards. Even though I came away with a sunburn from being outside for 12 hours, we managed to create a great event for the company.
That's it for now. I'll be in SF for several more days, meeting with press and industry analysts. Check back soon!








1 comment:
I love that Park--and the Giants hold such wonderful memories for me.
I've never had garlic fries--I'm afraid they would be with me for days ; )
Post a Comment