This week, I'm in San Francisco, California. I'm here to represent my company at an industry event. The funny thing is that this event is actually sponsored by our biggest competitor. We decided to make sure that industry press and analysts heard the other side of the story, not just our competitor's news ; )
Before everything started, I drove from San Francisco to Sausalito. The path takes you straight across the Golden Gate Bridge, which is always fun. This time, however, the fog had completely enveloped the bridge, so I didn't stop to take any pictures. My oldest daughter actually works in this wonderful little town that is nestled against the San Francisco Bay.
As you can see...not a cloud in the sky. The weather was downright gorgeous, so we strolled downtown to grab lunch. We headed to a tiny place that specialized in burgers and steak sandwiches. Delicious. It was such a treat to spend time with her and see her office. I'm very proud of all my kids - I'm a lucky guy.
The next several days were spent back in downtown SF. We used two suites at the St. Regis Hotel to create one large demo area for all the latest computer hardware from our company. The suite overlooked Moscone Center and was convenient for the press that were attending our competitor's event.
One of the highlights was showing a prototype of a tablet computer (iPad) that was based on our technology. This baby is only 10mm thick. Simply gorgeous to hold...
Here, we showed tablets based on our technology vs a competitor. The picture can't show you much, but when you see it in motion, the difference is quite noticeable. The other guys don't make the cut ; )
We held a cocktail party for reporters, and the rooms were filled. I was able to sit down with several of them and have decent conversations about the state of the industry.
Right in the middle of all of this, Apple decided to hold their press conference to announce the new iPhone 5. This took place right across the street from us. You can look down from our suite and see the whole thing...
You should have seen the line of satellite trucks along the road - this is only a handful of them. Everyone was broadcasting the event. Apple looks to sell over 50 million of these phones...
Overall, it was a very successful week for us. I managed to catch a cold during the whole thing, so kept my press interviews to a minimum. Somebody thought it's wouldn't be nice to get reporters sick...or something like that.
Before heading home, I made one more stop to Southern California. Check the next post for details...

No comments:
Post a Comment