This is the fifth post from our family reunion in Orlando, Florida. I got so busy that I didn't finish this series when I started. You can see the previous post here:
On this particular day, we made our way back to DisneyWorld, to see Epcot Center. We utilized the same system of matching shirts, from a few days prior. It really helped us keep track of all the children, throughout the park.
We entered the park by going past the giant geodesic dome that is the most unique feature of Epcot:
Epcot is one of my favorites at DisneyWorld. Most people don't like it very much, because there aren't very many rides or attractions. I love it for several reasons. First, I absolutely love the World Showcase - where they feature food and gifts from around the world (Japan is my favorite, big surprise). Second, you can usually find Disney characters there - much easier than the other parks. Last, I actually helped build an attraction in the Innoventions portion of Epcot Center back in 1998 (more on that in another post).
On this particular trip, I was surprised to learn that G-Man was such a big fan of meeting Disney characters. I'm sure it had something to do with his cousins' devotion to Disney autographs. Our first stop was with Daisy:
Then others throughout the park:
I think L is still deciding if she likes these giant characters, or not...
To give you some idea of the chaos, when all of these children descend upon a character...here's a little video clip, trying to show the overall experience. To her credit, Snow White did an amazing job of handling all the kids...
As with most amusement parks, the food plays a big part of each persons' enjoyment. It also contributes greatly to the reduction in Dad's wallet ; ) G-Man appreciated lots of treats - but chocolate was a big hit, especially in frozen form:
L, on the other hand, was a huge fan of popcorn. We made this container last for quite a while:
We finished the day at the fountains, near the entrance of the park. The kids loved the water, and it was nice to just sit down for a while:
L seems to be playing Tug-o-War with her stroller, fighting for the pacifier
This little guy belongs to my sister-in-law. He's a "hugger", which is so fun:
That's it from Epcot. Tomorrow is the last day on the trip...a return to the Magic Kingdom!



1 comment:
Every time I see that picture of you and Tyler it makes me laugh. So cute!
Post a Comment