April 10, 2013

San Francisco - AMD Fan Day


That's right - I'm back in San Francisco, California - just one week later.  This time, I'm only in town for a little more than one day.  I'm here for an event called AMD Fan Day.  This is a chance for our company to bring all of our fans in the SF Bay Area to a little celebration.


We show them the latest products and invite some of our partners in the computer industry to showcase their latest products, as well.  This includes people that make keyboards, monitors, hard drives, graphics cards, mice...you name it.  Over 2,000 people registered for the event before we had to shut it off ; )

We held the event at The Metreon in San Francisco.  We took over the entire top floor of the building.  Underneath us is a 20-screen movie theater complex ; ) We started set-up at 9am in the morning, as the event wasn't supposed to start until 5:30pm.  The crazy thing?  There were already 50 people in line for our event.  Crazy.



In addition to all the computer hardware, we set up over 80 laptops and PCs for fans to enjoy the latest videogames.  We gave away free computer processors to the first 1,000 through the door and our partners were giving away free products all night.  Insane.

Here are a few pictures from the event...things get crazy when you give away that much free stuff ; )







I had the chance to give a presentation for the audience that night.  My subject was The Future of Gaming.  I had the chance to talk about some of the technology that is coming over the next two years, as well as some things in development that may or may not make its way to consumers in the next five years. I love speaking on this topic and had a fun time relating to this audience.

After keeping the event open for 6 1/2 hours, we finally closed it down after midnight...and collapsed from a hard day of work.  I had a blast...and it was fun to connect with ordinary consumers - the folks that spend their hard-earned money on our products.  Something everyone in business should do ; )

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Wow, that looks pretty crazy. Having never been to one, did you limit the time people could spend at a monitor, keyboard, etc??? Hope it was a great success.