This is part 2 of my trip to the 2013 E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) show in Los Angeles, CA. You can find part 1 here.
I next made my way to the Activision booth. Currently, they're the largest game publisher in the world, with games like Call of Duty and World of Warcraft. The booth was...massive:
One of their big games that they introduced, is called Destiny. This is being made by the same team that created the Halo franchise. Here's a small preview, showing on a screen that was about 40 feet wide:
Many parents of young boys have probably heard of Skylanders. Their big sellers at Target, Wal-Mart and Toys 'R Us. The game works with collectible figures, so that when you place a figure on an attached platform (connected to your videogame system), that character will appear in the game. The new version of the game is called Skylanders: Swap Force. In another brilliant move, they will introduce all-new figures that you can separate the top and bottom halves, to mix and create brand-new characters. I can feel my wallet getting lighter as I write this:
The World of WarCraft guys were showing the next version of Diablo 3, complete with this amazing statue in the middle of their booth area:
Next, I went to the Nintendo booth. No new game systems this year, just new games. I was actually impressed with some of them. Here's a look at their booth:
I had the chance to see the brand-new Mario Kart. This is the first HD version of the game. One of the unique features, is the ability to travel up walls, changing the entire orientation of the game in a split-second:
Next door was Sony's massive booth. A good portion of it was dedicated to the newly-announced PlayStation 4 (PS4). My company designed the chips used in this system, which we've been working on for almost two years. I've had to keep that a secret for a long, long time ; ) Here's a picture of the new system, along with pictures from the booth:
One of the games that will launch this holiday season with the PS4 will be Warframe. Here's a short video clip of the game (sorry for the focus issues with my little point-and-shoot). The quality of the graphics is amazing for a videogame:
Next door, I found the Microsoft booth. They also announced a brand-new gaming system called the Xbox One. My company also designed the chips for this system. I'm proud to say that we dominate the videogame market with our technology. Sony and Microsoft will go head-to-head this Christmas season to fight for gamer's money. Here's a picture of the new console, with pictures from the Microsoft booth.
Next, was the Ubisoft booth. They were showing all kinds of games, including a new title that teaches you to play guitar by connecting an actual guitar to the game system (that's what you're hearing in the background).
Ubisoft also publishes the Just Dance series, and there's a brand-new version for this year. Here's a picture of the game display, and then some video of the insane gameplay, including dancers they hired for the booth. Because, you know, we all look this good when we're playing the game:
Next, is a newer company, called Wargaming.NET. They have created a massive online game where you command a tank in combat - World of Tanks. You play against a ton of other players from around the world, simultaneously. They've expanded into World of Planes and World of Ships to create an amazing simulated world of battle.:
I paid a friendly visit to the Sega booth and said "hi" to some old friends that still work there:
Lastly, I stopped by the Square Enix booth. This is a Japanese game publisher that specializes in Final Fantasy and other Japanese-flavored games:
That's it for 2013! I have lots of other pictures and video clips, but I think I've worn you out ; ) This is such an amazing event, and I'm glad I didn't miss it this year. I hope you enjoyed this peek into the gaming industry...
I next made my way to the Activision booth. Currently, they're the largest game publisher in the world, with games like Call of Duty and World of Warcraft. The booth was...massive:
One of their big games that they introduced, is called Destiny. This is being made by the same team that created the Halo franchise. Here's a small preview, showing on a screen that was about 40 feet wide:
Many parents of young boys have probably heard of Skylanders. Their big sellers at Target, Wal-Mart and Toys 'R Us. The game works with collectible figures, so that when you place a figure on an attached platform (connected to your videogame system), that character will appear in the game. The new version of the game is called Skylanders: Swap Force. In another brilliant move, they will introduce all-new figures that you can separate the top and bottom halves, to mix and create brand-new characters. I can feel my wallet getting lighter as I write this:
The World of WarCraft guys were showing the next version of Diablo 3, complete with this amazing statue in the middle of their booth area:
Next, I went to the Nintendo booth. No new game systems this year, just new games. I was actually impressed with some of them. Here's a look at their booth:
I had the chance to see the brand-new Mario Kart. This is the first HD version of the game. One of the unique features, is the ability to travel up walls, changing the entire orientation of the game in a split-second:
Next door was Sony's massive booth. A good portion of it was dedicated to the newly-announced PlayStation 4 (PS4). My company designed the chips used in this system, which we've been working on for almost two years. I've had to keep that a secret for a long, long time ; ) Here's a picture of the new system, along with pictures from the booth:
One of the games that will launch this holiday season with the PS4 will be Warframe. Here's a short video clip of the game (sorry for the focus issues with my little point-and-shoot). The quality of the graphics is amazing for a videogame:
Next door, I found the Microsoft booth. They also announced a brand-new gaming system called the Xbox One. My company also designed the chips for this system. I'm proud to say that we dominate the videogame market with our technology. Sony and Microsoft will go head-to-head this Christmas season to fight for gamer's money. Here's a picture of the new console, with pictures from the Microsoft booth.
Next, was the Ubisoft booth. They were showing all kinds of games, including a new title that teaches you to play guitar by connecting an actual guitar to the game system (that's what you're hearing in the background).
Ubisoft also publishes the Just Dance series, and there's a brand-new version for this year. Here's a picture of the game display, and then some video of the insane gameplay, including dancers they hired for the booth. Because, you know, we all look this good when we're playing the game:
Next, is a newer company, called Wargaming.NET. They have created a massive online game where you command a tank in combat - World of Tanks. You play against a ton of other players from around the world, simultaneously. They've expanded into World of Planes and World of Ships to create an amazing simulated world of battle.:
I paid a friendly visit to the Sega booth and said "hi" to some old friends that still work there:
Lastly, I stopped by the Square Enix booth. This is a Japanese game publisher that specializes in Final Fantasy and other Japanese-flavored games:
That's it for 2013! I have lots of other pictures and video clips, but I think I've worn you out ; ) This is such an amazing event, and I'm glad I didn't miss it this year. I hope you enjoyed this peek into the gaming industry...




No comments:
Post a Comment