August 22, 2008

Toronto, Canada-Part 1



Today, I'm actually in Toronto!  This was the original purpose of the blog - to tell you where I was traveling.  I'm trying to catch up with all the places I've already been...so today is fun.

Toronto is the city that I travel to the most, right now.  My company used to be headquartered there - now it's simply one of the largest sites of our entire company.  It still has a large number of employees - over 2,000 - at this location.  The multi-building site is located in Markham, just a short drive from downtown Toronto.  Our HQ looks like this from the outside:


Sorry about the bus...

The inside of the building has a really nice atrium - I love walking through it:




You can see some of the meeting rooms there on each floor.  We sometimes have to remember to close the blinds when we're having top-secret meetings, so that the whole world (well, just guests) don't see the slide presentations on the wall ; )

I fly up to Toronto about once-a-month.  The nice thing is that it's only an hour flight, so I can usually go up-and-back in just one day.  I travel to this location so often, that I almost forgot that it's a foreign country.  My wife had to remind me that it qualifies for the "Where Is Diggity Now" blog ; )

I will post follow-up entries on Toronto, because I've been there so often.  In fact, my folks used to live there, several years ago, and I've seen/done a great deal in that city.  Stay tuned for future reports on one of the greatest "melting-pot" cities in the world.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

It truly is a melting pot--which is one of the reasons I loved living there.