June 3, 2009

Los Angeles, CA - Part 2


Today was the first official day for E3.  The Los Angeles Convention Center was jammed with exhibit space and attendees.  The lobby was full, even before the show opened:



Many of the booths were spectacular - giant in size, bold in color and full of great games:


Nintendo's booth - showing the new Wii Fit Plus



Sega and Konami booths


Activision booth - with Guitar Hero in the background


Activision booth - showing off DJ Hero game to the crowds

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, you run into a few celebrities here at E3.  I think the strangest one happened today.  I had a meeting in the afternoon - but came out of the meeting room to find Mickey Rourke:


He's providing the voice for an upcoming game....

One of my favorite games that I saw today (I didn't have much time in-between meetings), was the new Super Mario Bros. for Wii.  Anyone who played the classic game on the Super Nintendo will love this new version:



When it's all said and done, it's a good sign when you find both Sonic and Mario just hanging out as friends ; )



I finished the first day by meeting up with co-workers from my days at Universal Studios.  We had a great time, after not seeing each other for 6-7 years.  It was a good group of folks and it was nice to see that, despite marriages & kids, nobody had really changed.  I love to see my former employees doing really well in their careers ; )

More coming tomorrow...

3 comments:

Macy said...

I think I will like this new Super Mario. I will like it very much. :)

Yvonne said...

How fun would that Super Mario game be--such memories.

Molly said...

Now we really need a Wii. I LOVE Super Mario!

Does Mickey Rourke's plastic surgery look as bad in person as it does in photos? Just curious...