June 4, 2009

Los Angeles, CA - Part 3


Another post....from LA and the E3 show.

I had a little time today to take some pictures from around the show.  First, some pictures from outside the LA Convention Center:


Yup, it's the original Ghostbusters mobile...in honor of the new Ghostbusters game



Just so you get a sense of the size of the banners for some games...see the cars?

Inside the show, I saw a few games that will probably hit the market in time for the Christmas selling season.


Strangest combination of brands...ever.  LEGO + Rock Band?


Game based on "Where the Wild Things Are" film.  Can't wait!


The next Raving Rabbids game...involving a crazy shopping cart!



I know some members of my family are looking forward to a BL game!

At the Warner Brothers booth, they had one of the Batmobiles from the movies:



Microsoft Xbox booth

Inside the EA booth, they had a game called EA Active, for the Wii.  It's a complete work-out system and has a variety of exercises.  Here's a video clip of two people playing the "kick-boxing" and "running" games...looks like a lot of work, for a game ; )


However, the BEST part of the day happened in the Activision booth.  They have been promoting a new game from the Guitar Hero team.  It's called DJ Hero.  In the game, you "spin" records like a DJ, using a controller that looks like this:


I know that most of you don't enjoy this type of music as much as I do - but you're going to have to trust that I really do ; ).  

To kick things off, Activision invited some of the TOP DJs in the country - to perform live in the booth.  I happened to walk in while one of all-time favorite DJs was performing - LIVE - in the booth:



His name is DJ Z-Trip and he's simply amazing.  I was able to watch almost 20 minutes of the live set.  It was AWESOME!  If you want to hear a few seconds of his performance, check out this video:


It was a good day of meetings and a couple of celebrity sightings (I didn't get my camera out in time, so I won't bore you with the details).  There is one more day of E3 - but I think I've captured all the pictures I can, for now.  It was a great show and it reminds me of how lucky I am to work in this industry.  I'm a lucky guy ; )  

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I watched a little Ghostbusters yesterday--it was on AMC. (25th anniversary and all)

Didn't know about the Biggest Loser game--interesting.

Aaron H. said...

The fact that this is called "work" or that you get paid for it makes me SICK! (and jealous)