June 23, 2010

San Francisco Bay Area - Part 1


Well...I'm still in California. I'm spending an additional week in Northern California. Normally, I like to name my posts for cities, but I've been in so many on this part of the trip, that I had to go with a region, instead ; )

I left LA for the Bay Area for several events. One, I was to see my kids. Two, I was going to see my wife and G-Man, and attend the wedding reception of my ex-wife's step-daughter (more on that later). Last, I will be working at my company's Sunnyvale location this entire week.

I started this portion of my trip in Santa Clara. I was able to stay at my daughter's place, while waiting for the rest of my family to arrive. The next day, I picked-up my wife and G-Man at the Oakland Airport. We made our way east to Pittsburg, California for the previously mentioned reception.

Pittsburg Yacht Club

You see, my wife was actually hired to be the photographer for the reception. I was just there to watch G-Man and provide moral support. You have to realize that I'm still friends with my ex-wife, and her family was kind enough to hire my wife (and invite me, as well). The event turned out great. G-Man even wanted to dance with all the people on the dance floor. They were smart, and put me at the kid's table. Fun little toys were provided for the kids to play with. G-Man embraced it:

He even went for the fake teeth ; )

The amazing thing is that G-Man and my wife had left our house in Massachusetts that morning around 4:30 am. They flew all the way to California, and went right to the reception. The party went until 10pm, and then we had to drive for over an hour to get back to my daughter's place. I was amazed that both my wife and G-Man lasted the entire day. Real troopers.

The next day was Father's Day. We started the day at church, where my son surprised me by attending - and bringing his wife. That was a real treat for me. I could have ended the day right there. You see, this is the first time I've had all three of my kids with me on Father's Day...ever. I was thrilled! My kids then took me out for breakfast at Hobee's:


This is one of my favorite breakfast restaurants, from when I lived in the Bay Area years ago. What a treat! The breakfast was awesome and I was surrounded by my favorite people in the world.


Afterward, we spent some time in the park - before I had to say goodbye to the kids:


It's fun to watch brothers play together ; )


That afternoon, G-Man, my wife and I traveled to the home of my best friend. This is a guy that I grew up with, and we've stayed close ever since. I absolutely love his family, so it was a treat for all of us to get together. He has three daughters that are so much fun.

It was the only picture I could find on my laptop ; )

I've had the chance to watch each of them grow up. His oldest, E, is going to be a Junior in high school. She was taking a school-sponsored trip to Italy next week. I was able to give her some tips on traveling in Italy and Greece ; )

I think that's enough for now...that's quite a lot of information to throw at you in one post. We'll pick up tomorrow with a drive to Sacramento, and a visit with my brother and sister. See ya then!

No comments: