July 27, 2012

Shanghai, China - Part 4


This week, I'm in Shanghai, China. This is the fourth post from the trip - you can see the first here, the second post here and the third post here.

This is the final post from the trip.  Consider this one a mixed bag of pictures that I didn't include in the other posts.  According to Jeopardy's Alex Trebek, this would be the potpourri category.  Mostly shots from walking to get to other places ; ) We start inside a mall, with what I call Angry Panda.  The actual name of the store is Hipanda:



 In another shopping area, they had this massive wooden sculpture of a dragon...and it had child seats/tables inside of it:


At a store called BreadTalk, I found a "magic pillow" - a pastry that I suppose would help me to fall asleep...


On the street, I found this charming souvenir.  For those not familiar, it's a traditional picture of Chairman Mao, with a little twist.  I'm not going to make any political comments - as I'm sure they also had a version of this for President Bush.


This is my team in China - at our last dinner together.  We had some amazing Chinese food and I was very proud of the hard work by everyone at CGDC and ChinaJoy.


I actually did try those Lobster and Cheese-flavored chips.  I received a few messages from folks who saw the picture, asking what they were like:


I can honestly tell you that they were....disgusting.  That's a flavor I won't try again ; )

Before you think that China is really moving forward, you find something like this in the restroom, just to remind you of how far they still have to go ; )


I think that should do it.  I'm excited to get back to the U.S. and see my family.  I'm heading to the airport right now.  I'm going to ride the MagLev - the super high-speed train that hovers over magnets, racing at speeds up to 200 mph (320 km/h).


Thanks for reading! Go USA!

UPDATE:

Here's a quick video of my ride on the MagLev.  I didn't have access to post this from the Shanghai Airport, so I'm updating it at home...


No comments: