January 13, 2015

Redwood City, CA - Second Trip - Part 1


Dear Friends:

This post is about the second trip to Redwood City, California...just a few weeks after the last one. This time, I brought my wife and two youngest kids  We went to see the newest grandson in the family, and try to help his parents. Both of my youngest children are now an uncle and aunt at the ages of 7 and 3, respectively ; )  This was actually the time we were planning to come originally, when the due date for the baby was later.  By the way, this post is going to contain a large about of baby pictures...you've been warned!


I couldn't believe how much he had changed in just a couple of weeks.  He's a sweet little guy...and it was nice to be able to hold a child and not feel tired after 5 minutes ; )


Here's "Mimi" with the little guy...he looks like he's trying to stare her down ; )


This is my oldest daughter, holding Joseph, with my youngest children in the background - probably playing a game on an iPad or similar device....



Here's my daughter giving Joseph one of his first baths.  Video footage follows, as he tries to figure out if he likes the warm water...




The moment we arrived, Uncle G-Man was asking if he could hold Joseph.  After we settled everyone down, he finally had his chance:




Another video, where we capture Joseph sneezing.  I think it's hilarious....


While we were in the Bay Area, I decided to go meet with some folks at Google about possible job openings.  As usual, the buildings are unique - here's the Android robot sticking out of the building I went to:


Back at my daughter's home, we decided to take advantage of the good weather and take some pictures of the kids - preparing for the annual Christmas card.  I'm so amazed at the pictures that my wife takes - I just love looking at them.  For G-Man, we get a moment in time where he's lost a couple of teeth:


For L, we get someone who never stops moving.  The camera can fool you into thinking that she poses for these pictures, when it's really just a small moment in time:



It was time to change into nicer clothes for a different series of pictures. Again, I just love these:


These next two are my favorites.  I think it's pretty easy to tell why...we're going to show them this picture when they're fighting with each other ; )


We brought a little Santa suit for Joseph to try on.  Last year at this time, we took pictures of my other grandson, and they were adorable.  I think we succeeded here, as well.  This image had the largest number of "likes" on social media that I've ever had.  I love this moment!!!



Even though little Joseph is swimming in his Santa suit, I still love it...it's a picture that will remain on our walls for the entire Christmas season:


Come back for part 2 - lots more pictures from the trip to meet little Joseph!!

No comments: