January 13, 2015

Redwood City, CA - Second Trip - Part 2


This is the second post about our trip to Redwood City, California...to meet my newest grandson.  The whole family went on this trip, so that everyone could get to know little Joseph.

With formal pictures out of the way (previous post), it was time to play.  At my daughter's housing complex, they had a playground that the kids LOVE to visit.  These next shots come from some serious play-time:





We even convinced my oldest daughter to come out to the playground.  This lady is amazing, as she tries to find the rhythm of feeding a brand-new baby, and stealing minutes of sleep during the night.  I'm sure lucky to have her, and my son-in-law.  They're terrific parents:


This is another of my favorite images.  G-Man is jumping from a playground structure into a soft pile of bark.  I love how my wife captured the fun he has and the freedom that kids can experience in just playing:


Back at the house, we took a few more pictures of the baby:


Here's another short clip of the baby with "Mimi".  My wife loves to hold him...it's fun to watch them together:



The next day, we went to a local park, just a few miles away.  There, we tried to take some pictures of the new family.  I think that these guys look pretty good for little to no sleep, right? ; )





While at the park, I kept the little kids busy.  It wasn't hard.  We found some leaves to play with, and decided that throwing them in the air was the most fun:


The kids decided that I needed leaves on my head.  Oh, well...I took one for the team ; )


After the visit of a few days, it was time to get back to Texas, so G-Man could return to school.  He and I took a flight together that connected through the Los Angeles Airport.  while there, G-Man wanted to order pizza and a pretzel from a restaurant called Rock and Brews.  He STILL talks about how good it was...and made me promise that if we EVER go back to LAX, that we would return to this restaurant.  Not a problem, buddy ; )


No comments: