Note: This is the third post about our family reunion at Disneyland. You can see the previous post here.
Dear Friends:
The last day that the entire family spent at Disneyland was really special. We spent a lot of time together, and got some great pictures!
We started the day in Toon Town, where we committed to standing in lines to allow the kids to meet some of their favorite Disney characters. We started with Minnie. We managed to squeeze everyone into her "house":
As you might expect, the reaction of the littlest members of our family to the life-size characters...is the best. My youngest grandson loved these giant mice...and Minne was absolutely fantastic with the little ones:
We then turned our attention to the Disney icon himself - Mickey. I really love this picture of my son and his family:
We had to wait for Mickey to "rest" and then the rest of the family met him inside his house, after he had changed costumes:
We spent a while tracking down several other characters in Toon Town. I was surprised at how much my little ones enjoyed meeting the characters:
Goofy is one of my favorites. I think it comes from that series of Disney cartoons from the 1950s, that showed Goofy playing so many sports. I thought they were hilarious as a kid...and I really haven't grown-up much beyond that ; ) Besides, he's one of the few characters that is my size:
In the continual pursuit of awesome culinary treats at Disneyland, we spent time at one of the bakeries. Since this was the 60th Anniversary of the opening of Disneyland, they had special cupcakes decorated with the 60th logo. They were much prettier than this picture show:
Another fantastic treat was the Matterhorn Macaroon. This was so tasty - a coconut macaroon in the shape of the Matterhorn. Yum!
No Disney Pricess was left behind. Here, my oldest daughter wanted to get into the action with Ariel ; )
I made everyone pose together on Main Street. We added a little "magic" to the picture:
I warned everyone that we were going to take a picture at the Disneyland entrance...despite the fact that it was about 95 degrees in the direct sunlight. I appreciate the family allowing me this indulgence, for the sake of building a family memory:
As the day drew to a close, we decided to head back over to California Adventure, so the kids could ride Mater's Junkyard a few more times. As I mentioned in a previous post, this was a real favorite, because all of the little kids loved this ride. I think we rode it for 7 or 8 times during the 3-day trip. I love this picture of two sisters hanging out together:
What a magical time...truly. The next morning, the older kids departed for their homes. My wife and younger kids spent one more day in Los Angeles. Join me for the fourth - and final - post about our amazing trip to Disneyland. Thanks!






No comments:
Post a Comment