July 2, 2016

Coalville, Utah - Reunion 2016 - Part 2


[Note:  This is the second blog entry about our trip to Utah]

Dear Friends:

The next day at our family reunion was Sunday - Father’s Day, actually.  As we were waiting to attend church, I had a little fun with all the kids.  This seems to be what happens frequently ; )


I interviewed each of the kids, so that we could see this in a few years and enjoy how much the kids will have changed:


We went into town to attend church and found that they were holding Stake Conference.  We decided that since we wouldn’t be able to partake of the Sacrament, we would hold our own service back at the cabin. It turned out to be a good experience.  We gathered in the theater room and shared some thoughts with each other:


We also had a unique experience.  My first granddaughter was only a few months old, and we decided to give her a blessing while everyone was there. She’s a beautiful girl and it was such an honor to be able to participate:


Later, she decided to take a little nap, because sometimes church can be very tiring ; ) She sleeps like an angel:


We played with the kids outside, taking advantage of the swings and beautiful weather:


The rest of the family just enjoyed time together - which is what you’re supposed to do at a reunion! They relaxed outside, and watched the kids play:





Inside, the kids all banded together and created their own fun.  There was a large room upstairs that had lots of mattresses stacked on top of each other. The kids sort of invented a new game, that I captured on video:


We decided to amp up the fun a little bit.  We brought out a giant parachute for the kids to play with.  I guess I had to demonstrate how to use it…I guess:


We started a water balloon fight. It was a total blast! The adults that didn’t want to get wet, moved to one side of the yard, while the rest of us got right in the middle of it:




It’s important to teach kids how to properly detonate a water balloon for maximum effect. I take my grandfatherly duties quite seriously…




With some help, I managed to get a hose out and, due to the heat, it was a welcome addition to the afternoon.  The kids loved playing in the water...and I certainly loved spraying the kids ; )  This picture really sums up the kinetic activity:


One thing I loved, was watching G-Man really have a blast.  My oldest grandson, G-Man's nephew, is a few years younger.  However, he followed G around and is brave enough to emulate most of what he does - that includes running right into the water.  Such an awesome scene to watch!!



After everyone had a chance to dry off, we had a great time relaxing inside.  I took another chance to make my youngest grandson laugh hysterically ; )


Just sitting around and talking is the best.  Five members of our family are educators, former educators, or work in the education field.  I loved listening to the conversations that connect so many together...even though we all live so far away from each other.


Later that night, my wife and I were watching our youngest grandson, while my daughter took her husband to the airport.  We made up a silly little rhyme, and he really, really liked it ; ) Here he is, asking for us to repeat it over-and-over:



There’s nothing like the laughter of children, filling the house, to make you feel pretty good.  What a great day!!

That’s it for now. Join us for part 3 of the blog about our family reunion, as we explore more of Utah.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: