[Note: This is the third blog post on our trip to Utah for a family reunion]
Dear Friends:
The next day was "check-out" time - we had to leave the amazing rental house, as they had other people coming to stay. We still managed to have an awesome morning. My youngest grandson decided to try a little yogurt...in a method I'm going to call "The Santa Claus Maneuver":
For a few minutes, both of my grandsons shared an interest in Star Wars figures and vehicles. I couldn't be prouder! ; )
We started a long series of "goodbye" pictures. Here's me with my youngest kids, my sister, and oldest son's children:
My little niece was adorable. She wanted to keep making videos with me. We decided to interview her great-grandfather (my Dad):
Some family left for a long drive home, while the rest of us left Park City and made our way down Provo Canyon - an absolutely gorgeous drive. We decided to stop at Bridal Veil Falls, to let the kids play and see a gorgeous part of the canyon.
The water was snow-based run-off, so it was a little chilly. The day was really warm, so it was a welcome relief to stick your feet in the water.
I grabbed the kids and helped them cross the stream, to explore a little more of the rocks and water at the base of the falls:
With the kids secured at the base, I climbed up the falls as far as I could go without getting serious. My oldest son took this picture, that he likes to call "Where's Dad?" - you have to look hard to find me amongst the rocks:
The water collected in a small pond, where some fish had grown to a huge size. No fishing was allowed, so these guys were just enormous - eating food thrown in the pond from a lot of visitors:
Before leaving, I tried to take a few "selfies" with some of the kids. I love, love, love the mountains, so I'm glad that I got a few shots to remind me how beautiful this area is:
This little angel was so good in the car, along the way. Doesn't that smile just melt your heart???
We arrived in Utah County, where we would stay a couple of days with my wife's folks. All the kids enjoyed some play time, with a huge collection of toys to share/fight over ; )
My in-laws have this huge "love sac" - like an enormous bean-bag chair. Little K looked like she was going swallowed by the thing:
We also visited some other family while there. The kids started making up their own game, in the basement. I had to sneak down there are record it:
At the local Costco, they definitely catered to the local university alumni, be carrying products emblazoned with school colors and logos:
I guess playing, climbing rocks, and running around in basements can make you a little tired. This guy can fall asleep anywhere:
That's it for this post. Join me again for the final blog post about our family reunion in Utah. See you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment