July 2, 2016

Coalville, Utah - Reunion 2016 - Part 4


[This is the fourth - and last - blog post on our trip to Utah, to attend a family reunion.]

Dear Friends:

On our last full day together, we started the day at the Mount Timpanogos Temple.  Several family members were able to go with us at a very early time of the morning:


We were there to perform some sacred ordinances on behalf of family that had passed away.  I recently completed research to discover some of the members of my mother's family.  This was an absolute thrill, to spend time in the temple with family that I dearly love, and have the chance to connect our family with those that had passed on.  What an absolute thrill!

After that, we took the rest of the family up on the BYU Campus.  I wanted at least one picture with all of my grandchildren.  It took a little wrangling, but here it is ; )


Little L really wanted a chance to hold her niece.  I think it's amazing that L already has so much love for my granddaughter:


One of the stop was the BYU Bookstore.  They have an amazing collection of children's books.  My wife started reading a book to one of the kids, and the rest started to gather around:


Later that afternoon, we took all the kids to a skating rink/bounce house location.  The kids had the chance to run around like wild animals.  



Here's one of the calmest moments of the afternoon:


Both of my youngest kids decided that they wanted to try skating.  My dear wife was so patient to try and help them learn.  I was really proud of them for trying yet another new thing, as difficult as it was:




Later that afternoon, we spent time just talking...and my oldest grandson was falling asleep while eating in a chair.  This kid has some talent!


Later that night, we took everyone to Rockwell's - one of the finest ice cream shops I've ever been to.  It's all about the actual ice cream, which is to die for!  I can't recommend it enough...




L playing with Baby K...again ; )

Next door was the newly opened Provo City Center Temple...a gorgeous structure in the heart of downtown Provo.



I was standing in front of the building, holding my granddaughter....


...when a large group of Asian tourists flocked over to see us.  They all asked if they could take her picture.  It was a bizarre, but fun moment to have so many people snapping her picture, like paparazzi ; )


The sun was setting, and the view of the Temple, and the mountains behind it, were just gorgeous.  Just the right setting for another great picture of my oldest son, his wife and daughter:


I'm truly a lucky man.  I'm fortunate to be able to gather so much of my family together - and they're all extraordinary people.  I loved playing with the kids, getting to know all of them just a little bit better.  I can't WAIT to plan the next reunion ; )

Thanks for reading!!!

1 comment:

yvonne said...

Love the pictures! I didn't know there was a skating rink ; (