Dear Friends:
Last week, I had a very quick business trip to North Carolina. I spent about 36 hours in the Raleigh-Durham area.
I arrived a little early, so I decided to go see the Raleigh LDS Temple. It was, as you would expect, just beautiful. It stands out as a gorgeous white building:
But when you get a little closer, you notice the incredible stonework throughout the building. What a wonderful place to go, to worship!
The real purpose for my trip, was to meet with a big game developer - Epic Games. This developer also makes a very popular game engine, used by other developers around the world. They have a fun building, including a slide that goes from the 2nd to the 1st floor:
The meetings went really well, and I'm going to return there in a couple of months. North Carolina is very, very green...but also hot and humid during the summer. It reminded me a lot of Boston.
On the way back home, I had a lay-over in Dallas. While in the airport, I came upon this oddity:
It was a full-blown 7-Eleven...complete with Slurpees ; ) I've only seen a couple of these in airports, as the overhead cost of a retail space inside of an airport is pretty high. Not what you would expect from a low-cost convenience store. I wish them luck, as I purchased my own Big Gulp soda ; 0
That's it for a very fast trip. I'm glad when I can sneak in visits to temples while I'm on the road - even when I don't have enough time to actually go inside ; )
Thanks for reading!







No comments:
Post a Comment