Dear Friends:
[This is the fifth and final blog post about our family reunion in San Diego, California. The "family" consisted of all my kids, grandkids and my amazing wife].
After fantastic days spent at Legoland and the San Diego Zoo, we decided to spend the last day in San Diego exploring La Jolla, and more time at the beach.
At the house, the kids always found ways to play together. We had a new Nintendo Switch game system, which proved popular with the boys.
The youngest grandchild really wants to carry around purses - and was always trying to grab L's bag, because she definitely wanted to complete her outfit. She's such a little girl...it's so fun to watch her:
We headed over the the San Diego LDS Temple, which was about five minutes away. The structure is absolutely beautiful. It feels more like a castle than any building in the area ; ) We took advantage of the gorgeous temple grounds to take some family snapshots. There's quite a few of them...but it's because I love them so much. It sure helps to have a talented photographer for a wife!!!
Not all the kids loved being there - I can't blame them. I caught this hilarious moment between brother and sister. These grandkids really love each other, but on this morning, the older brother didn't want to hold hands with his sister. Hilarious...
This is my favorite picture from the entire morning....and I think you can tell why. We got really lucky to capture this moment:
Luckily, there was another photographer there, to take pictures of a wedding that morning. The girl happened to be a former student of my wife's - from junior high in Utah!! What a crazy, awesome coincidence. We asked her to take our picture, so everyone could be in the shot:
By the time we finished, the little ones were DONE with pictures ; ) We went to downtown La Jolla for lunch. Getting to the restaurant was half the fun!
We had lunch at Puesto Mexican Artisan Kitchen - which is a really fancy name for a place that serves Mexican street food. The food was great - and we had fun while waiting for the dishes to arrive:
I tried to entertain the boys with some funny animal videos...again....
Somebody REALLY enjoyed their black beans. I mean, he really went for it!
That afternoon, we went to another beach - which was much less crowded, and very open. Needless to say, the kids - and adults - had a great time just playing:
Building sand castles is apparently a favorite family past time. Everyone got into the act...
At one point, the girls were building a structure, so some of the boys decided to challenge them with another structure:
Some of the kids came over to our construction site - and we started joking that our contractor company was offering better benefits for the subcontractors. You had to be there....
Then, disaster struck as the ocean started to swallow our beautiful creation ; ) This pictures show the girls were pretty happy with how things turned out for us:
I loved watching G-Man try his had at body surfing. The net time, I'll actually wear a bathing suit, so I can show him a little more. I'll have to share the stories of all the cuts and bruises I've suffered at the hads of powerful ocean waves in Hawaii ; )
That night, we had fun with all the kids. We brought a ton of glow-in-the-dark items from the dollar store. The kids decided to hold a party in one of the small bedrooms. You can see from this video just how much fun everyone was having:
Well...that's it for this year's family reunion. What a truly glorious time that we had together. The kids had fun and we just loved being together. I'm so lucky that everyone wants to spend time together, and we get to love and support each other. What a great trip!!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment