August 5, 2009

Utah Wedding - Park City


I know, I know...you're probably sick of reading about wedding stuff. This post is about some of the other experiences we had in Utah, after all the wedding uproar had died down. We decided to stay in Utah for a few more days. I was able to continue working remotely, so it made sense. Every time we go there, we run out of time to do everything that we want to do, and don't get to see everyone we want to see. Even with the extra time, the same thing happened on this trip ; )

After my daughter and her husband left for their honeymoon, I was lucky enough to spend additional time with my oldest son and his wife. Yes, it's still weird to write that, as they've only been married for two months! I love them both and we always have a great time together.

I grabbed both of my sons, my new daughter-in-law, my two youngest brothers and my wife - and headed to Park City. For those that have been to Park City, I don't have to tell you what an amazingly great location it is. Park City is actually a ski-resort town, but is a wonderful place to visit whether it's summer or winter. During the summer, you can spend a huge amount of time at the Park City Resort.



It consists of a large hotel/condominium complex, located right next to the ski lifts that are busy in the winter. During the summer, they convert the mountain into a fun place with Alpine Slides, zip-line rides, and the brand-new Alpine Coaster.


The new, and awesome Alpine Coaster! (Not my family)

We rode the ski lifts up the mountain, to take on the Alpine Slides. I decided to put G-Man on my slide, for his first time ever. This was also my daughter-in-law's first alpine slide. It's a tradition for my family, so the sooner they learn to enjoy them...the better.


My youngest brother (2nd from left) appears to be very excited about the whole thing...



Everyone took a turn to race down the mountain. You sit on a plastic "kart" that has wheels on the bottom. You can engage the wheels, or pull them off the track - to slow down. Any good Alpine Slider worth his/her weight, will keep the wheels "down" or engaged, for the entire ride. You can get going pretty fast doing this - some relatives (who shall remain nameless) have even fallen off the track doing this.

Youngest brother pulls in...


Oldest son almost runs over the little girl in front of him...

2nd youngest brother arrives in style...


Daughter-in-law pulls in, with G-Man and I right behind her...

After that, G-Man was a little tired, so I took my brothers, son and his wife, and we went on the Alpine Coaster. To put it simply...it was awesome. I don't have any pictures, as my wife was taking care of G-Man. But take my word for it - it's worth the trip to Park City. More speed than the Alpine Slides, but you never "leave" the track ; ) Here's a picture of it, from another resort - just so you understand what I'm talking about:



My wife and G-Man walked through a nearby field, as we were on the Coaster:





I'm sure I'll be writing more about Park City, as we've spent a great deal of time there, over the years. One last thing, before I close. While in Utah, my wife and I discovered that the top layer of our wedding cake was still stored in my in-law's deep freezer! After four years, we were a little nervous about the condition of the cake. I do remember the cake from our wedding reception - it was delicious. I'm happy to report that the cake was wrapped with skill and expertise that I never imagined. Super K did the work...and it really paid off!



You can see in the background - it was wrapped with layers of plastic, foil, sealed bags and other top-secret materials. The end-result was a delicious, 4-year-old cake that was amazingly preserved. What a great way to remember our incredible wedding!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Oh man! I forgot about the cake. I never got a piece. Oh well, I don't need the calories anyway.

Yvonne said...

Cute pictures--I still haven't seen Kyle's pictures.