Today, I'm in Frankfurt, Germany. It's looking strongly like I won't have time to run into town and take pictures of the awesome sights in this city. I'll save that for another day ; ) Just in case you think I'm goofing off on these trips, I'll show you a couple of pictures of what my typical day is like. These first pictures are from our visit in the UK. I won't write the names of the game developers, because I don't want this to show up in any search engines. The meetings we're holding are quite sensitive. This first meeting lasted almost seven hours. You'll notice the beautiful view outside of this conference room. More explanation to follow:

That's my MacBook Pro and Diet Coke in the bottom-left of the picture ; )
This last shot needs a little explanation. The developer we visited here, is actually located on a farm, in the middle of the UK. Two brothers started creating games as teen-agers for the old Nintendo system, from their family barn. The family owned quite a lot of farm land...and the company they started has continued to grow. The barn was eventually converted into offices ; ) Outside of the conference room, is a beautiful view of the river and more farmland:

If you concentrate real hard, you can still smell the cattle ; )
In Frankfurt, we held even more meetings. Hard-core gamers will recognize where we went, from the poster on the wall:

More and more engineers...
Not to leave you hanging...I decided to leave you with at least some pictures of Frankfurt (not mine, of course). One of my favorite parts of the city is the Frankfurt Opera House (Alte Oper):


Cheers!


2 comments:
Hope all is going well. Love the picture of the opera house--beautiful.
You can show all the conference room pictures you want - it's still all goofing off! :)
Post a Comment