March 5, 2009

Stockholm, Sweden


Today I'm in Stockholm, Sweden. I just wrote a post on Stockholm, not too long ago (here). The weather here today is cold - just under 30 degrees (F), and quite overcast.  The sun is trying to peak out behind the clouds. It's snowing a little - so any of my pictures will not be able to reflect the magnificent beauty of this city. Here's an example:


This is the view from our meeting location today - probably one of the best views in all of Stockholm.  Again, my previous post has much better pictures ; ) Just to prove that I'm actually here, this is a picture of me - my reflection in a wall of windows:


We're here to visit with one of the top videogame developers in the world. They're amazing. If you're a hard-core gamer, you'll recognize this icon from their offices:


These offices are perhaps the best that I've ever seen - for game developers.  Usually, developer's offices are dark, but colorful.  Not exactly the highest quality.  These are in stark contrast to the rest of the industry.  This developer has been particularly successful ; )  Here's their game room:


The etched glass looks like a traditional European pub

Their building is on a hill, just above the harbor. You can see the "old" city (my favorite part of Stockholm) with perfect clarity.  It's a good thing they can get their work done ; )

While walking from the hotel this morning, I managed to pick-up another great piece of candy in Europe - the Dumle.

My wife told me about these, while she was on a European tour with the BYU Young Ambassadors. They're divine - a great combination of chocolate and caramel. Take a Milk Dud and improve it about 500%...now you get it.


My hotel here is distinctly low-budget. We're trying to save the company money in the current global economic crisis. To give you an idea of how MUCH money we're saving, here's a snapshot of my room:


Now, some would say that bunk-beds are fun. If I was with my family, that would certainly be the case. Here, I can't open the closet and the bathroom doors at the same time ; ) At least the furniture is decent and clean...

I fly home tomorrow...can't wait to get back to my family!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

As long as there are NO BUGS in the room, it's o.k.

And QUIT POSTING ABOUT CANDY!!!!!!!!!

Safe travels home.

Macy said...

YES!! DUMLE!!!

I'm more excited that you are the one bringing it, obviously. :)