Today was a great day at the conference. I was nervous about my presentation. It's fun to walk into a huge show and see this 8ft sign in front of everyone:

The presentation went well - we had a decent turn-out, given the late-afternoon time slot. I had the opportunity to communicate some important competitive advantages in technology.
On my way into the show today, I tried to take some snapshots during my short walk. I now remember what a great city that San Francisco is. Right outside my hotel is Union Square, which I wrote about before. This was a fun shot, with the park, a beautiful statue...and all the big stores (Saks, Tiffany's) in the background ; )

If you're in SF, don't forget to stop at Beard Papa's for a cream puff...

May I have a dozen to go, please...
I would imagine that there are a ton of fantastic bakeries in the North Beach (Italian) section of SF, but this store is really cute - and a nice break from all the financial institutions that surround it. I mean, who wouldn't want a cream puff, when the Dow Jones is falling through the floor? They have locations in the western U.S. and Canada.
Nearby, is the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). I thought this scene was intersting:

Hard to see from this photo, but this is a giant "block" sculpture - the size of a building - right next to an old cathedral (St. Patrick's). An interesting juxtaposition, for sure.
Inside the conference, plenty of companies were showing new technology:

OptiTrack uses high-speed cameras to capture facial expressions that can be overlayed onto game characters.
Tomorrow (Friday) is the last day - I can't wait. It looks like I will not return directly to Boston, as my grandmother is quite ill and I'm going to make a detour to Utah, to see her. More later...

1 comment:
I've never heard of that bakery--yum ; )
Have a great visit with grandma and everyone else. Be sure and congratulate your sister on her #1 spot in the family pool.
Post a Comment