I'm in Shanghai, China this week - and I guess it's yet another entry about food. This time, I learned about a famous dessert restaurant throughout Asia. It's called Hui Lau Shan, and it's well known for mango-flavored creations. My particular dish was the specialty of the house. It was watermelon, kiwi, honeydew and mango - all over a frozen mango pudding. I guess. My ability to read Chinese is really, really bad. In addition, you learn to just not ask too many questions...know what I mean? Here's what it looked like:
Yummy goodness!Another food note...I love being surprised at the breakfast buffets in hotels. Because of the time-zone change, breakfast comes around the same time as dinner, back home. This makes breakfast truly the most important meal of the day ; ) At most buffets, you find an "omelet station" where you can have a custom omelet made, right in front of you. In the Radisson, I was thrilled to find a "wonton station". The chef would custom-make wontons for you, and then create the wonton soup in front of your eyes. Nice!

Not my photo, obviously...
In my final "food" entry of the day...I tried to order something that looked good in the picture. It looked like some pork. What was delivered to my table, was something completely different. Let's put it this way - along with the dish, I received plastic surgical gloves. Always a good sign for a tasty meal. Anyway, with the glove on, I was able to grab what felt like the "knee" of the pig. In the picture below, you can see the "joint" that I'm holding. I ate what I believe was the meat around that particular joint...and tried to look like I was having a good time.

You're going to have to enlarge this one to see what I'm eating...

1 comment:
I'm really sorry I enlarged it--that's pretty sick looking.
Post a Comment