
As part of our week-long trip to Austin, we took the opportunity to visit with my oldest son and his wife while in Texas. They live in Dallas, which is about four hours away from Austin. We decided to meet half-way between the two cities. The biggest town near that mid-point? Waco, Texas.
Most people can only associate Waco with the crazy events related to the FBI and the Branch Dividian cult from a few years ago. I'm happy to report that Waco is simply a tiny, tiny town in the middle of Texas.

There's not a lot going on there. You do, however, run into some fun places like this:

The Drive-Thru Tobacco Barn!
Despite the local "flavor", the chance to hang out with my son and his wife was too good to pass up:

G-Man, his brother and sister-in-law ; )
I hope that when we move to Texas, that we'll be able to see a lot more of these guys. I'm sure every parent dreams of the day when his or her kids all live very close ; )
1 comment:
Every parents dream, but highly unlikely for most. I'd settle for ours visiting once in awhile ; )
Post a Comment